[Slackbuilds-users] version updates/bumps?

dchmelik at gmail.com dchmelik at gmail.com
Wed May 10 05:20:33 UTC 2023

Many/all of these could use version updates/bumps: birdtray, bubblewrap,
cabextract, capstone, checkbashisms, chkrootkit, cmark, colorama,
colordiff, configobj, cssselect2, detox, discord, dos2unix, eiskaltdcpp,
exiftool, faad2, fdupes, gdl, gmic, heimdall, hexedit, hidapi, hstr,
hwinfo, hwloc, icoutils, idea, img2pdf, inkscape, jdk11, jsoncpp,
lbench, libass, libb64, libcdr, libmediainfo, libmicrohttpd, libminizip,
libmp4v2, libnfs, libreoffice (binary), libstatgrab,
libtorrent-rasterbar, libx86emu, lua, lua-mpack, luajit, lxml, minidb,
msgpack-c, msgpack-python, multibootusb, nicotine+, numactl, openmpi,
p7zip, pdsh, perl-html-parser, pkgdiff, pstoedit, python-keyring,
python-magic, pytz, qdirstat, qemu, scour, scribus, secretstorage,
smmap2, snappy, sqlcipher, tbb, tellico, tinycss2, transmission, unhide,
unoconv, unrar, unrtf, vifm, wine, wpebackend-fdo, x264, xdg-dbus-proxy,
xsel, yara, yarn.
     It's possible some require changes to compiling, and a few/couple
only have newer commit/beta releases so may be ruled out.  Most were
updated in alienBOB's and/or slackers' repositories, though I don't know
the slackers person maintains same here (maybe not).  I version-bumped
discord, eiskaltdcpp (though from git and also had to disable lua in
SlackBuild), lbench, nicotine+, 'telegram', transmission, wine, and
successfully used downloaded latest source code to build and use them.
I don't know anything still uses jdk11 (since jdk20+) but it's one I've
been version bumping for maybe over a year and never heard from the
maintainer (but too advanced for me to maintain).  I think the wine and
transmission maintainers are part of the staff of this mailing list and
just have a large number of packages to worry about... wine is in the
process, and I version-bumped transmission the last four times but he
always updates in reasonable time.
     I'm not so concerned with these actually getting version bumps (nor
offering to maintain) as much as I'm concerned that many haven't had
updates since Slackware 14.n so seems some maintainers permanently quit
without ever telling SBo, which perhaps it's about time to investigate
in detail... and surely there are dozens other builds I don't use but
others do that they may suspect same.