[Slackbuilds-users] Microsoft Edge is up for grabs

Petar Petrov slackalaxy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 17:53:59 UTC 2023

hi,

i was reading about a possible solution...

newest Edge beta does not start either, but at least suggests running
it with the  "--enable-chrome-browser-cloud-management" option. Doing
this, it complains about missing machine-id in /etc. Generating it by
"dbus-uuidgen --ensure=/etc/machine-id" seems to fix the problem and
Edge starts. I have no idea what "machine-id" is, though

hope this helps

best,

Petar