[Slackbuilds-users] Edit suggested of intel-microcode.SlackBuild

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Wed Sep 6 19:20:11 UTC 2023

Le 06/09/2023 à 20:20, Andrzej Telszewski a écrit :
>> On the other hand one can propose a patch to append " intel-ucode.cpio" to
>> GRUB_EARLY_INITRD_LINUX_STOCK
>
> Isn't this path something that can be configured?

No, as pointed out by fourtysixandtwo.

The path in GRUB_EARLY_INITRD_LINUX_CUSTOM is indeed a custom one, but why
should you require from regular users to edit /etc/default/grub to have the
microcode updates handled by grub whereas grub-mkconfig would write a config
file allowing that out of the box if you change the name?

> I use _syslinux_ and the path to additional images to load can be configured.
>
> As I said, we have options, while keeping the current solution intact.
>
> Is, at the SlackBuild level, a configurable output file name a solution that would satisfy you?
I posted this suggestion to help users of genuine Slackware (most of them will
use grub when 15.1 will be released) but will soon include the package
intel-ucode in the Slint repositories with the name I proposed anyway, so am not
personally in concern.

Cheers,
Didier