[Slackbuilds-users] rpi-imager

Jim zsd+slackbuilds at jdvb.ca
Sun Apr 14 17:11:18 UTC 2024

On Sun, Apr 14, 2024 at 01:24 (-0400), B. Watson wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Apr 2024, Jude DaShiell wrote:

>> Wasn't that package taken over by the raspberry foundation itself?  That
>> may be where to find the source code now.

> Github has the sources for both 1.7.5 and the new 1.8.5. The problem
> here isn't that the source is missing, the problem is that the SBo
> maintainer is missing.

> The good news is, if you download the 1.8.5 source from github:

> https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-imager/archive/v1.8.5/rpi-imager-1.8.5.tar.gz

> ...and run rpi-imager.SlackBuild with VERSION=1.8.5 set in the
> environment, it runs OK, and creates a rpi-imager-1.8.5-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz
> package that at least looks plausible.

> I don't own a Raspberry Pi and don't have any microSD cards left, so I
> can't test to see if it actually works, but presumably Jim can...

As Jay Lanagan reported, it builds and works fine.  Or, at least, it worked
fine for me today using a particular version of the RPi OS and the
particular SD card I wrote on my particular laptop.

Except for the fact that it ignored the already-downloaded-file I gave it
on the command-line and cheerfully re-downloaded the 2.8 GB image file.
(User error?  Not according to the man page or the output of
        rpi-imager --help
but...)

I won't have a chance to actually try the SD card in an RPi until tomorrow.
I'll post back only if the image doesn't seem to work properly.

Cheers.
                                Jim