[Slackbuilds-users] Fwd: oneTBB on SBo

Christoph Willing chris.willing at exemail.com.au
Tue Apr 30 22:19:00 UTC 2024

On 2024-05-01 00:28, Franzen via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> almost two weeks ago i sent the message below to the oneTBB maintainer
> and never got a reply.
> I'd like to apply the attached diff to oneTBB, to make sure openvino
> builds.
>
> Is that ok? If so, would an SBo-Admin please apply it?

A more important issue for admins to consider is why we need
development/oneTBB as well as libraries/tbb SlackBuilds.

I believe tbb has been around longer and oneTBB is a duplicate. Although
oneTBB is perhaps better named (as it follows upstream's name change),
tbb is the original and tbb's maintainer has always been responsive to
requests regarding the SlackBuild.

The git log is interesting regarding the oneTBB maintainer; they have
had a multitude of SlackBuilds
"Added", however extremely few of these have ever been updated or
otherwise maintained.

chris