[Slackbuilds-users] virtualbox slackbuilds

Giancarlo Dessì slack at giand.it
Fri Feb 2 23:17:34 UTC 2024

Il 02/02/24 15:01, Jim ha scritto:
> All,
>
> I recently started running the 6.6.12 kernel.  All (well, everything I use)
> is working except virtualbox-kernel, which won't compile on that kernel.
>
> Looking on the web, I see the particular problem I'm having has been fixed
> in newer versions of virtualbox.  I see that aside from 6.1.55, there is
> also 7.0.14.
>
> I emailed the maintainer on Monday, but haven't heard back.  Maybe he's
> away, and that's fine, but I was wondering if anyone has been in touch with
> him recently.
>
> Anyone?
>
>                                  Jim

In current I used VB 6.1.32 for a long time and solved issues due last
updates of the kernel using a patch. It works fine, but the recent
upgrade of libvpx has required the rebuild of virtualbox driver. This
has brought many problems and some day ago I decided to use the
slackbuild of Daedra for virtualbox 7.0.12. In Slackware current It
works and should also work with VB 7.0.14.

https://github.com/mdinslage/Custom_SlackBuilds/tree/main/virtualbox-7.0.12

You have to do the following things:

1) if you require the software virtualization install the multilib of
AlienBob

2) if you have an installation of Java 11 or earlier, downgrade to Java
8 because the build of VirtualBox needs wsimport (droppend since Java
11). It is required only for the build: next time you can upgrade to
earlier version of JDK

The installation of gsoap and acpica from SBo's slackbuilds are fully
compatible. This happened in current, I don't know if there are problems
with Slackware 15.0

-

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it