[Slackbuilds-users] Linphone sources and dependencies

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 01:19:45 UTC 2024

I have just taken over Linphone maintenance and trying to update the SBo
scripts for the current version. What I have done so far:

1. I have followed the instructions and cloned the repo on a Slackware
-current (because of cmake minimum version - see below):

$ git clone https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-desktop.git
--recursive

This downloads 3.0GB of files on my computer in a directory called
linphone-desktop. A large chunk of this is in a dir called linphone-sdk.
Leaving aside for a minute the huge size of the archive, I can follow
through with the instructions and manually build and compile Linphone.

2. However, if I just download version 5.0.0 directly from git (later
versions require cmake 3.2.2) on either Slackware -current or 15.0:

$ wget
https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-desktop/-/archive/5.0.0/linphone-desktop-5.0.0.tar.gz

This downloads a 3MB file, without the sdk. Now if I try to follow the
instructions and compile this, I get:

</snip>
-- No plugins found for the application to build
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.21/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:2866
(message):
   No download info given for 'sdk' and its source directory:

    /usr/src/linphone-desktop-5.0.0/linphone-sdk

   is not an existing non-empty directory.  Please specify one of:

    * SOURCE_DIR with an existing non-empty directory
    * DOWNLOAD_COMMAND
    * URL
    * GIT_REPOSITORY
    * SVN_REPOSITORY
    * HG_REPOSITORY
    * CVS_REPOSITORY and CVS_MODULE
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   /usr/share/cmake-3.21/Modules/ExternalProject.cmake:3700
(_ep_add_download_command)
   CMakeLists.txt:212 (ExternalProject_Add)

My question is - does that mean the only way to compile Linphone is:

1. To download a 3GB archive (which I'm still not sure why is so large)
of 5.0.0 - so that it compiles on Slackware 15.0? or

2. To somehow install separately linphone-sdk - maybe having to create a
separate SBo package for it? or

3. Pass somehow on the command line the address of the git repository
for it - but this will presumably again result in a large download?

I'm a bit out of my depth here, so if anyone could provide some hints
where to look next, that would be much appreciated