[Slackbuilds-users] Linphone maintenance

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Thu Feb 8 11:48:41 UTC 2024

--
*Sebastian Arcus*
*OpenTerritory - open solutions*
Systems Support | Linux Servers | Asterisk and VoIP | Network
Maintenance | In-house Cloud

*www.open-t.co.uk*

*p:* 0151 733 9648
*m:* 07940 348 898
*e:* s.arcus at open-t.co.uk

On 08/02/2024 02:56, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> What WSR is responding is factually wrong.
>>
>> I have submitted the slackbuild for the most recent version of linphone
>> (submitted as linphone-desktop, because nowadays linphone is very
>> different from what it was in the past, and the developers, Belledonne
>> Communications, keep it in a separate repo from the old linphone).
>>
>> The code is here:
>> https://gitlab.com/Lockywolf/lwfslackbuilds/-/tree/master/05_submitted/linphone-desktop?ref_type=heads
>>

>> It was rejected for the reason of being "for the alpha version".
>> (WSR's own responce from Sat, 23 Sep 2023 10:34:46 +0700)
>>
>>> do you mind to wait until 5.2.0 is released or go for previous
>>> version which is
>>> released under stable label?
>>
>> So I have been waiting for the 5.2.0 since.
>>
>> You can roll-back to the most-recent non-alpha, and re-submit, I do not
>> mind.
>
> They have released 5.2.1 6 days ago
> https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-desktop/-/tags

In my tests I had to go back to 5.1.2, as later releases require cmake
3.22 - which Slackware 15.0 doesn't have (see error message below).
Later versions (all the way up to 3.0.0-alpha) seem to be fine on
Slackware -current though. Unless there is a way around this? Still,
even 5.1.2 would be far more recent than 3.x series

</snip>
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:23 (cmake_minimum_required):
   CMake 3.22 or higher is required.  You are running version 3.21.4