[Slackbuilds-users] Bear missing libraries

Ruben Carlo Benante rcb at beco.cc
Sun Feb 11 14:11:33 UTC 2024

Ciao Matteo,

Indeed Bear-3.1.1 cannot be build.

( /usr/include/fmt/core.h:1600:63: error: )

I guess Bear 3.1.1 was already installed and fmt upgraded, breaking it.

I'll take a look at Bear 3.1.3. Appreciate your disposition to fix our sbo git!

Cordialmente,

Ruben

--

Dr. Beco

AI Researcher

---- On Sun, 11 Feb 2024 10:21:08 -0300 Matteo Bernardini <matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote ---

hi Ruben,

the error you are reporting is because you most probably built Bear or against older versions of fmt and/or grpc: try to rebuild Bear (and everything on which it depends which build scripts are hosted on SBo).

when you do that you will discover that the version of Bear we have here (3.1.1) cannot be built because of the new fmt: just build version 3.1.3 and that will work ok (I'll push a fix in our git for that).

Matteo