[Slackbuilds-users] hw-probe should be arch independent

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Tue Feb 27 23:52:31 UTC 2024

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024, Dimitar Nikov via SlackBuilds-users wrote:

> Slackware package is arch independent too, hence x86_64 download is
> marked as unsupported. I do believe this is correct for acrh independent
> packages.

No, it should just be blank...

DOWNLOAD_x86_64=""

...which means "x86_64 uses the same source as the regular DOWNLOAD".

UNSUPPORTED would mean the package can't be built on x86_64, which is
obviously not the case here.

>> Upstream doesn't provide a man page, but it looks like Debian just uses
>> help2man, which Slackware has.
>>

> Nice shout, will move to help2man in next version update.

Beware: Slackware's help2man isn't the same as Debian's. You might make it
work, but it might take some messing with.

If you have trouble, just grab the man page from the Debian package and
include it with your script. Install with something like:

mkdir -p $PKG/usr/man/man1
gzip -9c < $CWD/$PRGNAM.1 > $PKG/usr/man/man1/$PRGNAM.1.gz

Hope this helps...