[Slackbuilds-users] I need a uid/gid for a SlackBuild

Jay Lanagan j at lngn.net
Tue Jan 2 06:50:54 UTC 2024

Hey all,

I've been working on a SlackBuild for 'greetd' as a initial greeter to
be passed along to a graphical greeter 'nwg-hello' (which also has a
impending SlackBuild), but for the greetd package, I need a uid/gid
assigned for my uses. Last I checked UDI/GID '381' was the next
available, and I'd like the user/group to be 'greeter'.

https://slackware.lngn.net/pub/source/greetd/
https://slackware.lngn.net/pub/source/nwg-hello/
(these scripts are "under construction", please don't just willy-nilly
install them, they aren't quite right yet).

I've a few things to change yet on each, so I plan to submit for this
week, but I'd like to secure the UID/GID in advance.

Thanks all, and Happy New Year!

--
Jay Lanagan