[Slackbuilds-users] Using Web Archive links for the sites and downloads that are not available anymore?

Bojan Popovic bocke at slackware-srbija.org
Sun Jan 7 11:45:32 UTC 2024

Hi!

I was nudged by your recent maintainer status "call-out" to update a few
of my scripts. I found out that download link for ancient X Bitmap
browser is not available anymore. Someone of good people from mod team
backed-up the source at an alternative location (Thank you!).

I was just trying to see if the original is still available via Internet
Archive's "Web Archive" and it is. Should in these cases (when there is
an archived version at IA) maybe try and post IA links instead?

The last version of the web page that contian XbmBrowser is from 2019:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190910064117/http://www.ict.griffith.edu.au/anthony/software/

Bojan.