[Slackbuilds-users] Error when starting grk-pipe-viewer (package pipe-viewer)

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Thu Jan 11 19:02:11 UTC 2024

On Thu, 11 Jan 2024, Didier Spaier wrote:

> The issue remains: does not work here (TM)

One thing I see you're missing in your list of installed perl packages
is libwww-perl. That's pretty important for pipe-viewer... but you
might have it installed, you just did a "ls perl-*", and that one
doesn't start with "perl".

2 more that are listed in the .sqf:

perl-PAR-Dist
perl-File-ShareDir-Install

Just to be sure, can you gzip your /usr/bin/gtk-pipe-viewer and attach
it to an email? It works out to about 30KB compressed, not too much
for a mail attachment, and that way I can make sure we're both looking
at the same thing.

Also... does pipe-viewer (the non-GTK one) work OK for you?