[Slackbuilds-users] lightdm

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sat Jan 13 13:12:54 UTC 2024

Hi,

Le 13/01/2024 à 06:00, Robby Workman a écrit :
> I gave this a start, and it works here and tested out fine for a
> few others, but I'm just short on time and never got around to
> doing any (possibly) needed final touches.
>
> See attached. Feel free to use/modify as desired.
> Tarball has both lightdm and lightdm-gtk-greeter in it.

You can add a package for the lighdm-gtk-greeter-settings. Salix, and following
suite Slint provide it, alongside the two other packages, for instance the
sources for Salix are  in:
https://slackware.uk/salix/x86_64/15.0/source/xap/
and for Slint in:
https://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-15.0/source/

Caveats:
1. No SlackBuilds there but SLKBUILDs to be processed by slkbuild:
https://github.com/gapan/slkbuild

However someone wrote a script to convert a PKGBUILD from Arch (similar to a
SLKBUILD) to a SlackBuild. If I can find it again I will post a link here.

2. There are some discrepancies, eg. for the uuid.guid

Also, several distros including Arch now ship lightdm-slick-greeter as an
alternative:
https://github.com/linuxmint/slick-greeter"
which is also based on GTK.

Cheers,