[Slackbuilds-users] Gradle version upgrade

Riza Dindir riza.dindir at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 09:26:18 UTC 2024

Hello

This message would be for the site administrator, but I am not sure.

I wanted to use gradle on slackware (I am using slackware 15.0 with the
latest 5.15.145 kernel). The current version of the gradle package is
5.5.1. The current version of gradle is 8.5.

I contacted the maintainer of the package, in the hope that maybe they
could upgrade the version. But the mail seems to be invalid. The mail
bounces back with an "address not found" message.

In the meantime, I have changed the gradle package to use the latest gradle
version. Have created and installed it on my machine. It seems to be
working, and I am able to build C++, and java packages, besides other
projects that use gradle.

I was wondering if it would be ok if I submit that package to
slackbuilds.org?

Regards
Riza Dindir