[Slackbuilds-users] issue with openimageio after pybind11 update

Giancarlo Dessì slack at giand.it
Sat Jan 20 18:21:33 UTC 2024

Il 20/01/24 12:24, Christoph Willing ha scritto:
> On 20/1/24 19:11, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
>> thanks for the heads up chris, I wondered if that might be the case.
>> Maybe a note in the opencolorio readme to temporarily uninstall
>> openimageio if present before building the package would be useful?
>> regards, Tim
>
> The problem with that is that while it solves the problem you had,
> it's not necessarily true in all situations.
>
> Usually, after building opencolorio successfully, you would use that
> new build to rebuild openimageio. Having done that (new openimagio
> based on successful opencolorio), you will find that you can now
> rebuild opencolorio while leaving openimgeio in place. Now there will
> be some new optimisations in opencolorio using components available in
> openimageio. At that point you could rebuild openimageio against the
> updated opencolorio, presumably resulting in an optimised openimageio.
>
> I'm unsure how to express all that simply enough without causing
> confusion for the average user who is probably just passing through on
> their way to a build of Blender. I'll think of something ...

If it's useful, I usually store a copy of the last package build for
each slackbuild. This allows to install/reinstall a package for tests or
issues that the recursive dependency OIIO/OCIO

Everytime we have to build OpenColorIO we make this without OpenImageIO
installed in the system because it's autodetected and is not possible to
disable the build of OCIO against OIIO

1) removepkg OpenImageIO

2) build of OpenColorIO and install

After this OpenImageIO must be rebuilt and reinstalled against the new
version of OpenColorIO and the package stored in a repository-folder

It works for me

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it
https://github.com/giandex