[Slackbuilds-users] system/virtualbox does not start

Arkadiusz Drabczyk arkadiusz at drabczyk.org
Sat Jul 27 17:55:42 UTC 2024

Like that:

     $ sudo /etc/rc.d/rc.vboxdrv start
     vboxdrv.sh: Starting VirtualBox services.
     /etc/rc.d/rc.vboxdrv: line 162: kernel_requires_module_signature:
command not found

The fix is to remove commented lines:

     start()
     {
         begin_msg "Starting VirtualBox services" console
         if [ -d /proc/xen ]; then
             failure "Running VirtualBox in a Xen environment is not
supported"
         fi
     #     if test "$(kernel_requires_module_signature)" = "1" && test -z
"$DEB_KEY_ENROLLED"; then
     #         if test -n "$HAVE_DEB_KEY"; then
     #             begin_msg "You must re-start your system to finish
Debian secure boot set-up." console
     #         else
     #             begin_msg "You must sign these kernel modules before
using VirtualBox:
     #   $MODULE_LIST
     # See the documentation for your Linux distribution." console
     #         fi
     #     fi

I'm building and running this on -current but the same problem should
occur on stable but I cannot try it because I don't have stable
installation at hand, I'm just trying to run it under VirtualBox so
quite funny situation I'd say.

--
Arkadiusz Drabczyk <arkadiusz at drabczyk.org>