[Slackbuilds-users] WIP: protobuf3 25.3

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 05:27:25 UTC 2024

On Fri, Mar 1, 2024 at 11:35 AM Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <
willysr at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> i have just started to work on protobuf3 updates, pushing 2y of works by
> upstream since last update.
>
> However, there are 26 other scripts which depends on protobuf3, listed
> here (https://slackbuilds.org/advsearch.php?q=protobuf3&stype=revdep1)
>
> although we do have CI engine that could help us test whether the new
> update will break them or not, it won't help us testing the runtime
> issues. Therefore, i would like to ask for help by those who are using
> these 26 packages to see if by upgrading protobuf3 and rebuilding them
> will have any runtime issues or not.
>
> I will keep the protobuf3 updates for future public update (like 1-2
> weeks delay) to give others more time to test.
>
> The protobuf3 update can be seen here
> https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/log/?h=protobuf3-wip
>
> Big thanks in advance

audio/clementine requires a minor update. PR is available below. Update
works with both current and upgraded protobuf3, so the change is able to be
merged immediately, whether or not protobuf3 is updated.

https://github.com/SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds/pull/5353

Let me know if you have any questions!

Jeremy