[Slackbuilds-users] sbotools config issues

David Chmelik davidnchmelik at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 10:25:52 UTC 2024

On 3/10/24 3:21 PM, J. Milgram wrote:
> [...] Once again having problems installing with sbotools. There's
> evidently some config subtlety I'm not grasping, hopefully someone can
> set me straight.
>
> I have a fresh -current install and am using the default 15.0 repo.
> Many slackbuilds installed fine, but then:
>
> /usr/sbin/sboinstall XXX fails with:
>
> "Unable to locate XXX in the SlackBuilds.org tree."
>
> Where XXX is in [ python3-build, python3-wheel ] ... and maybe others.
> May be just python3 packages that fail but haven't investigated. I do
> see these slackbuilds in the slackbuilds repo so they're not mirages.
I have same problem on Slackware 15 (64-bit) servers that never were on
15.1-current, with both sbopkg and sbotools... some packages depending
on python3 build & wheel for some reason can't find them when building,
and they weren't loaded into the queue, though when I search for them in
sbopkg, they are there, so I had to load them manually... I guess this
is normal for sbopkg (unless you load a queue) but shouldn't be
happening with sbotools?  I run 'sbocheck' and then try to build
things.  Maybe sbotools is too old?