[Slackbuilds-users] SBo: ess 17.11 (fwd)
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sat Sep 5 01:32:24 UTC 2026
>I received this message from Nicky about ess 17.11, the version in the SBo
>repo. The current version is 26.05.0 (which doesn't build using the SBo
>script with a version change) and the oldest version in the ess archive is
>ess-18.10.2 from 2018-11.10. No 17.11 to download.
>
>I don't have the skills to maintain a SBo application. And I suspect I'm not
>the only ess user (with R and grass in my case.)
>
>Help's needed for this package.
>---------- Forwarded message ----------
>Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2026 19:42:40 +0100
>From: Nicky Chorley <nick.chorley at gmail.com>
>To: Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
>Subject: Re: SBo: ess 17.11
>
>Hi Rich,
>
>I'm not using ESS (or Slackware) any more, but I'd check the homepage at
>https://ess.r-project.org/index.php?Section=home for up to date download
>links.
>
>Best,
>
>Nicky
>
>On Thu, 3 Sept 2026 at 20:52, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>
>> Nicky,
>>
>> When I tried to download e-17.11.tgz the browser displayed 'Not Found' at
>> ess-r-project.org/downloads/ess/ess-17.11.tgz.
>>
>> Are you able to download it there?
Anyone using ess ?
this application need some love from new maintainer who actually use this app
Otherwise, it will be orphaned by next week
--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 870 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/attachments/20260905/0bd88bbc/attachment-0001.asc>
More information about the SlackBuilds-users
mailing list