[Slackbuilds-users] tinc

Ruben Schuller sb at rbn.im
Mon Sep 7 19:21:56 UTC 2026


Hi,

2026-09-06 "B. Watson" <urchlay at slackware.uk>:

> Please do. The previous maintainer hasn't answered the email I sent
> him 6 days ago, and he hasn't updated it since 2020 (even though there
> is a version 1.0.37 released about 6 months ago).
> 
> If you submit the update now, it won't go live until the next
> site update, probably Friday, Sep 11. If the old maintainer *does*
> respond to that email between now and then, we can decide what to do
> then... but I seriously don't expect that to happen.

I think it would be nice to have a UID/GID assigned, tinc can setuid to
another user. An own UID and GID are not a hard requirement, but would
be nice for it IMO.

Side question, there are some programs (postfix, dovecot) which are
now included in Slackware. What is supposed to happen with the UID/GID
assignments of those? Eventually we'll run out of UIDs < 1000, we
are already above 400.

Ruben


More information about the SlackBuilds-users mailing list