[Slackbuilds-users] deprecation of webkit2gtk

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Fri Sep 11 04:17:04 UTC 2026


>>Is it becoming a security risk to keep around?
>>
>>I ask because there's a whole bunch of my slackbuilds that depend on
>>gnome-online-accounts which that will filter down through. Many of
>>these slackbuilds are stuck on older versions on slackware 15.0 due to
>>various libraries in 15.0 that are too old. It'll take some time to go
>>through it all but the last time I looked into upgrading or migrating
>>these to webkit2gtk4.1/libsoup3 I had a ton of problems and package
>>build fails and needed more patches than I maintain packages. Shortly
>>after those packages came out, gnome upstream migrated to a
>>libsoup3/webkit2gtk stack so I expect anything with libsoup2 to break
>>here, even if the underlying deps switch over. I'd like to upgrade to
>>newer gnome packages, but then I need a bunch of other
>>packages/libraries in stock Slackware to be upgraded to newer versions
>>to do that and that's a mess too.
>>
>>If need be we can drop packages from the repo that I can't upgrade
>>anymore along with dropping webkit2gtk, and then when next release
>>comes around I can re-add builds (if I feel up to trying to chase fast
>>moving gnome packages in a slow moving slackware stable world again!).
>
>
>i managed to build gnome-boxes 43.5 and verify it using our CI
>can you try confirm on this?
>https://github.com/SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds/pull/17683

gnome-online-accounts also updated to 3.46.0 and migrated to
webkit2gtk4.1
need confirmation please
https://github.com/SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds/pull/17685


--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 870 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/attachments/20260911/7bd1b4f6/attachment.asc>


More information about the SlackBuilds-users mailing list