[Slackbuilds-users] 100+ builds up for grabs
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sat Sep 12 08:16:32 UTC 2026
>> Thank you.
>> For me tinycdb should be put in the development category, while it is in
>> system. It's a tool to handle cdb databases. Am I allowed to move it?
>
>Yes. Though, not in a git commit or submission tarball. I'll have
>to remove the old tinycdb from the repo first, then wait until next
>week's site update (Friday, usually), *then* you can submit your
>new development/tinycdb tarball via the web site... not as a PR/MR;
>it counts as a new build so it must be submitted the old way for
>$REASONS.
>
>I'll go ahead and do the removal now, in my git branch, so I don't
>forget to do it later. After you see Willy's next update email, it'll
>be safe for you to submit the new tinycdb tarball.
>
>I wish there were a better/faster way to move a build from one
>category to another, but the original SBo site and database design
>was made with the assumption that categories won't change once set...
>The workaround here is to delete the old build, then create the new
>one in its new category.
in fact, you can submit it via submission form in a new category
i will handle the move later during public update, no need to wait until 2
weeks :)
--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 870 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/attachments/20260912/80fd1eb1/attachment.asc>
More information about the SlackBuilds-users
mailing list