[Slackbuilds-users] deprecation of webkit2gtk

j+sbo-users at maschinengott.de j+sbo-users at maschinengott.de
Sat Sep 12 21:03:31 UTC 2026


Hi,
I ran the webkit2gtk4.1 SlackBuild three or four times (on current 
though) but it failed, I think it ran out of RAM. It was filling up 12 
GB each of RAM and swap. How much is needed?

Am 10.09.26 um 15:35 schrieb Willy Sudiarto Raharjo:
> We are planning to deprecate webkit2gtk since it's no longer maintained upstream
> and several upstream projects are now requiring webkit2gtk4.1 or webkit2gtk6.0
> (we can't have this on 15.0 repository)
> 
> I created an issue on our github page to track the progress
> https://github.com/SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds/issues/17655
> 
> if anyone can help testing their own script against webkit2gtk4.1, that would
> be very helpful
> 
> Thanks
> 
> --
> Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> SlackBuilds-users mailing list
> SlackBuilds-users at slackbuilds.org
> https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users
> Archives - https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/
> FAQ - https://slackbuilds.org/faq/
> 



More information about the SlackBuilds-users mailing list