[Slackbuilds-users] Just an idea

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Oct 1 23:02:20 UTC 2006

Martin Lefebvre wrote:
> Ok, this is just an idea, but I figured I'd ask you guys what you think
> about it...
>
> I was wondering what people thought of a link appearing with the package
> description to allow people to send a quick email to the person who
> created it...
>
> Example:
> If someone goes to
> http://www.slackbuilds.org/repository/desktop/ratpoison/ (one of mine),
> they would be able to send me a quick message with stuff like "It's out
> of date" or "It won't build because of..."

On the surface, it's not a bad idea, and I certainly don't have a
problem with it.  However, all of our submitters may not feel the
same way.  That potentially creates a situation of "don't put my
email link on the page" (yes, I know it's in the .info file, but
still...).

Anyway, like I said, I don't care either way - Ezra, feel free
(or not).

RW

--

http://slackbuilds.org