[Slackbuilds-users] SVN packages

Martin Lefebvre dadexter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 23:15:33 UTC 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 19:08, Robby Workman wrote:
> Martin Lefebvre wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > I am thinking about creating a SlackBuild for my mpd client from the svn
> > sources (no daily snapshot tarball), but I have no idea how to make the
> > build script so it sticks to our standards... any suggestions?
>
> Well...  I can't (and won't) speak for the entire team, but
> honestly, I'd rather not even mess with svn stuff here.  I
> realize that there are some things that don't give us much of a
> choice, but well, you get the idea.
>
> With that said, unless the developers of mpd offer
> daily/weekly/whatever snapshots in tar.{gz,bz2} format, I don't
> think there's much chance of going anywhere with them anyway.
>
> The biggest problem I have with svn is that it's a moving target,
> and the build script is subject to regular changes.  This
> introduces a lot of overhead for the admin team, and as you know,
> we're already behind as it is.
>
> Regardless, take all of that for what it's worth, and if you
> think you can work out the kinks, then feel free to submit it and
> we'll go from there.

I wasn't talking about mpd, someone else already took care of that :P

I was referring to Kanola, a KDE MPD client I am working on (it's mine, my
precious!) so I am sure I can keep the SlackBuild up to date, yes :P

We'll see... reason I asked was because I was planning to have a tgz released
soon, but it might take me a little longer than I thought