[Slackbuilds-users] SVN packages

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Oct 1 23:08:16 UTC 2006

Martin Lefebvre wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am thinking about creating a SlackBuild for my mpd client from the svn
> sources (no daily snapshot tarball), but I have no idea how to make the build
> script so it sticks to our standards... any suggestions?

Well...  I can't (and won't) speak for the entire team, but
honestly, I'd rather not even mess with svn stuff here.  I
realize that there are some things that don't give us much of a
choice, but well, you get the idea.

With that said, unless the developers of mpd offer
daily/weekly/whatever snapshots in tar.{gz,bz2} format, I don't
think there's much chance of going anywhere with them anyway.

The biggest problem I have with svn is that it's a moving target,
and the build script is subject to regular changes.  This
introduces a lot of overhead for the admin team, and as you know,
we're already behind as it is.

Regardless, take all of that for what it's worth, and if you
think you can work out the kinks, then feel free to submit it and
we'll go from there.

RW

--

http://slackbuilds.org