[Slackbuilds-users] Bug: wxGTK

Timothy Pollard t.pollard.12 at scu.edu.au
Wed Aug 8 23:52:23 UTC 2007

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 17:17:17 +0300
Iskar Enev <iskar.enev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I *think* wxGTK was "frozen" to version 2.6 due to incompatibility of
> version 2.8 with some other package.

I suppose that's reasonable, so we could just keep 2.6 in the repository, and
people that really want 2.8 can modify the SlackBuild themselves.

Though, I can think of another couple of solutions as well
One, configure has the following two options:
--enable-compat24       enable wxWidgets 2.4 compatibility
--disable-compat26      disable wxWidgets 2.6 compatibility
Whether they actually work I don't know, but if someone will point me at the
problem program/s I can test it.

Two, if that doesn't work I can make the SlackBuild so it could build either
version something like "wxGTK.SlackBuild VERSION=2.6.3" or "wxGTK.SlackBuild
VERSION=2.8.4" defaulting too 2.6. I don't know if this is considered good
practice though.