[Slackbuilds-users] Bug: wxGTK

Timothy Pollard t.pollard.12 at scu.edu.au
Fri Aug 17 02:14:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:35:54 -0500
Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> I don't recall what all apps in our repo need wxGTK, but audacity
> and some instant messenger app come to mind.  I know that Chess
> Griffin did some work on this area earlier, so you might contact
> him and see if you guys can hammer it out together.
>
> If all of the upstream stuff that we have in the repo is now ready
> for wxGTK-2.8, then I don't see why we wouldn't agree to upgrade
> it here.

The only ones I could find are Audacity and aMule, I've briefly tested both and
they seem to work. The only problem with aMule is that it apparently needs a
patch that is included with the SlackBuild, but with the patch it seems to
work fine. If someone is aware of any others I can test them also. Though the
SlackBuild I submitted a few days ago still needs to be deleted, because it has
a bug.