[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20070822

Alan Hicks alan at lizella.net
Sat Aug 25 23:31:42 UTC 2007

Martin Lefebvre wrote:
> well for starters, the script continues to run even if the original tarball
> is not present.

That's easily remedied.

> I had the same problem for the files in /usr/local/share/qemu.

I made a kludge with a symlink for that.

> it didn't start in fullscreen mode with the image I tried (menuetos), and
> the keyboard map did not change. so it could have been with the image you
> used, assuming it was pre-built.

Here's what I did, pulled straight from root's history.

root at robin:/home/alan/qemu# qemu-img create -f qcow slack.img 10G
Formating 'slack.img', fmt=qcow, size=10485760 kB
root at robin:/home/alan/qemu#
root at robin:/home/alan/qemu# qemu -cdrom /dev/cdrom -hda slack.img \
  -m 256 -boot d
Could not open '/dev/kqemu' - QEMU acceleration layer not activated

At this point, the entire screen is taken up by qemu (though only about
a third of it is in use at the time) and the keys have been re-mapped.
I was of course, attempting to boot the Slackware 12.0 install cd, and
did so successfully, minus the whole key-map problem.

I played around with it a little more just now and determined that <F12>
was <TAB> and <j> was <ENTER>.  Go figure.  Even attempting to set a
different keymap in the Slackware installer didn't help.

Ecclesiastes 7:5