[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20070822

Martin Lefebvre dadexter at sekurity.com
Sun Aug 26 00:54:57 UTC 2007

On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 07:31:42PM -0400, Alan Hicks wrote:
> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:31:42 -0400
> From: Alan Hicks <alan at lizella.net>
> To: "SlackBuilds.org Users List" <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org>
> Subject: Re: [Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20070822
>
> Martin Lefebvre wrote:
> > well for starters, the script continues to run even if the original tarball
> > is not present.
>
> That's easily remedied.

by not being a dumbass and downloading the file first? ;P

> > I had the same problem for the files in /usr/local/share/qemu.
>
> I made a kludge with a symlink for that.

same here, symlinked it...

> > it didn't start in fullscreen mode with the image I tried (menuetos), and
> > the keyboard map did not change. so it could have been with the image you
> > used, assuming it was pre-built.
>
> Here's what I did, pulled straight from root's history.
>
> root at robin:/home/alan/qemu# qemu-img create -f qcow slack.img 10G
> Formating 'slack.img', fmt=qcow, size=10485760 kB
> root at robin:/home/alan/qemu#
> root at robin:/home/alan/qemu# qemu -cdrom /dev/cdrom -hda slack.img \
>   -m 256 -boot d
> Could not open '/dev/kqemu' - QEMU acceleration layer not activated
>
> At this point, the entire screen is taken up by qemu (though only about
> a third of it is in use at the time) and the keys have been re-mapped.
> I was of course, attempting to boot the Slackware 12.0 install cd, and
> did so successfully, minus the whole key-map problem.
>
> I played around with it a little more just now and determined that <F12>
> was <TAB> and <j> was <ENTER>.  Go figure.  Even attempting to set a
> different keymap in the Slackware installer didn't help.

well, I couldn't boot my slack cd (i need a new cdrom badly) so I booted a
DSL iso, and apart from switching from dvorak on the host to qwerty on the
guest, no changes in keymap here. it did go to a 1024x768 window, but not
full screen.