[Slackbuilds-users] Pypanel & Slackware 12

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Tue Jul 3 22:22:40 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 04:44:58PM -0400, Chess Griffin wrote:
> I tried building pypanel but something seems to be broken.  I installed
> imlib2 and python-xlib as required dependencies before, and those built
> and installed fine.  Then, when I built pypanel, the only items in the
> resulting .tgz were the docs, there was no pypanel binary.  Might it be
> that pypanel requires python 2.4 I believe yet Slackware 12 has python 2.5?
>
> This is on a full installation of Slackware 12 and these were the first
> packages I built from SBo, so it's a pretty clean environment.  Has
> anyone run into issues with pypanel?

I hope this is not it (and it somehow got overwritten), but there was
one thing I recall during testing that it built a package exactly like
that.  I ended up patching the Makefile to support DESTDIR, as there
was no other way to do it.  I don't know how it slipped through without
it, but whatever...  :-)

RW