[Slackbuilds-users] nicotine: segmentation fault

Martin Ivanov tramni at abv.bg
Thu Mar 15 14:38:41 UTC 2007

I even tried running nicotine directly from the untarred sources, but I again got segmentation fault. I notice that in nicotine's site they say it requires GTK+-2.0 or newer (GTK+-2.2 recommended), while in my Slackware 11.0 system I have:
/var/adm/packages/gtk+-1.2.10-i386-3
/var/adm/packages/gtk+2-2.8.20-i486-1

Which of the two packages do I have to upgrade? What is actually the difference between gtk+2 and gtk+ ?
It seems to me that I have to upgrade gtk+-1.2.10-i386-3 to gtk+-2.2, but won't it cause trouble to my system?

I also notice that they suggest that if one compiles pygtk on his own, one has to pass --enable-thread to ./configure ... which has not been done in pygtk's configure in the slackbuild.

Regards,
Martin