[Slackbuilds-users] Orphaned slackbuilds

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Fri Nov 2 04:17:13 UTC 2007

Michael Wagner a écrit :
> Michael Wagner wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> as my spare time is reduced, I am looking for somebody else who takes
>> care of the following build scripts:
>>

> It seems as if I have to keep working on them. Not a big problem though.

A thought on updates. Slackware is not Gentoo. Say you make package
foobar-1.0.3 available for Slackware on SBo. IMHO it's not a big deal if
folks are still one version behind when foobar-1.0.4 comes out. I'd say
a good time to check for available updates is when a new Slackware
release (12.1?) comes out.

Recently I've seen a guy using Gentoo, and he spent most of his time
updating and recompiling things. You don't want to do that, do you?

cheers,

Niki