[Slackbuilds-users] Orphaned slackbuilds

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Fri Nov 2 19:22:56 UTC 2007

Michael Wagner a écrit :

> This is indeed a valid point. SlackBuilds.org shouldn't try to provide
> the latest and greatest version of each program.

Why not simply follow Slackware releases for updates? I'll clarify my
previous suggestion. Currently, the slackbuilds.org repository offers
builds for Slackware 11.0 and 12.0. Now say 12.1 comes out - in a year?
- then it will be time to move over every script, one by one, from the
12.0/ directory to the 12.1/ directory... and at that time, a check can
be made if versions are up to date. Which would mean something like a
few weeks' worth of work, and then rest on our laurels for a year or so,
until 12.2 or 13.0 comes out :oD

Niki