[Slackbuilds-users] What about a stable and a current repo? [was orphaned packages]

Deak, Ferenc ferenc.deak at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 14:42:42 UTC 2007

Recently, we are discussing the package update
policy in the thread 'Orphaned packages'. What
about introducing 2 repositories: sbo-stable and
sbo-current, with the following rules:

- new versions go to sbo-current
- new packages go to sbo-current
- sbo admins and users with spare time can
  use/test packages from sbo-current
- if a package has positive or non-negative usage
  reports can go to sbo-stable
- we can introduce a new category a 'trusted
  packager', who already has high quality
  packages. A trusted packager can put his/here
  newer version of a package directly to
  sbo-current (ONLY newer version of her/his
  package not someone else's package)
- only Sbo admins can move a package from
  sbo-current to sbo-stable

In this case we has a stable tree for the average
user, and a current tree for relative bleeding
edge software

feco