[Slackbuilds-users] Optimization flags for Perl modules

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Nov 11 06:36:48 UTC 2007

Niki Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just building a bunch of Perl modules, some from SBo. I've noticed
> that there's an inconsistency concerning the build flags. Some builds have
>
> make OPTIMIZE="$SLKCFLAGS"
>
> Others just have a plain 'make'.
>
> Problem?

A bit late on this, but...

I don't think this is problematic; a bit inconsistent and perhaps
ugly, but not a problem so far as I'm aware - at least there have
been no reports of problems.  I'll make a mental note to look into
it next I build one of the perl modules, but otherwise, unless we
get reports of breakage, this will probably stay as is.

-RW