[Slackbuilds-users] Script for SciPy?

Audrius Kažukauskas neobug at tornado.ktu.lt
Sat Nov 24 23:30:20 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-24 at 14:46:02 -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> > Not to mention that ATLAS and LAPACK require Fortran compiler.  All I
> > can say, that it's a real PITA.
>
>    Nah. Takes a bit of time, but it's very straight-forward.

I probably exaggerated a bit, but I really didn't like the whole
process.  Partly because of hunting down exact dependencies and building
instructions and partly because I was hoping to write a SlackBuild for
ATLAS, but after compiling I thought "what the heck" and installed
everything manually.

But I just did it once and more out of curiosity, so...

>    So, if I understand you correctly, I should just ./configure; make; make
> install the latest scipy to upgrade the installed version and not bother
> with a Slackbuild script. Works for me.

Yes, or even better use the easy_install from setuptools (available here
at SBo) and install SciPy as Python egg in your ~/py-lib.  For simple
instructions see http://mg.pov.lt/blog/easy-easy-install.html

--
Audrius Kažukauskas