[Slackbuilds-users] svn/cvs snapshots

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Fri Oct 26 19:27:08 UTC 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at  1:53 PM, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:

> It's ok to provide build scripts for svn/cvs/git/whatever snapshots, if one
> can also provide a place to downoad them.
>
> Is this still accurate, or are there any other things one has handle.
> I ask this because I've made some scripts for software at this time only
> available via svn or didn't release a new version for a long time, and want
> to know, what I have to do, to make them SB.o compliant.

I've said this before, there is no real problem with the SBo server hosting
source snapshots when official releases aren't available. Several possible
issues do come to mind, but they are not necessarily show-stoppers and are
better discussed with the other admins.

Erik Hanson
--
http://slackbuilds.org/