[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg 0.0.5 released

Alan C acummingsus at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 00:48:53 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Chess Griffin <chess at chessgriffin.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 15:00:35 -0600
> "Bob Lounsbury" <boblounsbury at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Any plans to allow automatic installation of packages if someone so
> desired? Maybe even automatic install that checks to upgradepkg if not
> then installpkg. Not that's it's real difficult to switch to /tmp and
> install or upgrade, it would just make it more of a one stop shop that
> even my Mom could do.

Automatic install after building a package is unlikely,  but maybe one
day there will be an option to browse the /tmp directory and install
pkgs it finds in there.  Not sure, though.

alias lsg='ls | grep'

al at AB60R:~$ lsg cups
cups-1.2.11-i486-1.tgz

(given if cups had just been built and now is to be installed) (in konsole I
can then copy and paste that pkg name)

(in bash the up arrow key brings back up the most recent command)

root at AB60R:~# sbopkg some option

quickly backspace on that, reduces it to sbopkg

root at AB60R:~# sbopkginst cups-1.2.11-i486-1.tgz

(then, add, type in only the letters inst then paste the cups pkg after --
now, strike enter key and it installs)

not forget to create an alias in the .bashrc file, thus:

alias sbopkginst='installpkg'

(now, both (either of the two) works to get a pkg installed, not just the
"installpkg")

(also an "lsg" alias if want to shortcut the ls and the grepping).

--
Alan.