[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20081224

alkos333 me at alkos333.net
Fri Dec 26 05:55:21 UTC 2008

"ps -ef | grep hdapsd"    will show you if the daemon is running.

However, the message indicates that the udev rule didn't create
/dev/input/hdaps/accelerometer-event

Did you run  "udevadm trigger"?  I know Slackware runs it by default.

What does   "ls -l /dev/input/hdaps/accelerometer-event"      return?

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Antonio Hernández Blas
<hba.nihilismus at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/12/24 Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>:
>> system/hdapsd: Added - HDAPS is a disk protection user-space daemon for IBM and
>>  Lenovo ThinkPads.  It monitors the acceleration values through the HDAPS
>>  interface and automatically initiates disk head parking if a fall or sliding
>>  of the laptop is detected.  Thanks to Alex Lysenka.  --rworkman
>
> I get this message once i boot my system:
> http://pastebin.slackadelic.com/8315
>
> Is this normal? do i need to throw out my laptop to see if this is working? ;)
>
> -hba

Alfred Hitchcock  - "The length of a film should be directly related
to the endurance of the human bladder."