[Slackbuilds-users] enlightenment patch

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon Jan 28 15:27:24 UTC 2008

Aleksandar B. Samardzic wrote:
> On Jan 27, 2008 8:09 PM, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
>> Vincent Batts wrote:
>>> sorry, i shot that out to fast, that sed command should go in the
>>> doinst.sh, because the enlightenment.desktop file is already on the
>>> slackware install, and the package does not create it.
>>
>> Well, hmmm...
>>
>> The proper way to manage this in the context of SlackBuilds.org is
>> to note the required change in the README.
>>
>> The other thing to do would probably be to file a bug against the
>> kdebase (in 3.5.x) and kdebase-workspace (in 4.x) packages at
>> kde.org.
>
> I'd agree with Robby here - the diff in question is changing file from
> another package, so it doesn't belong to Enlightenment SlackBuild.  On
> the other side, a notice could be definitely added to Enlightenment
> README file; Robby: please let me know would you make a change
> directly, or would you prefer me to upload an updated e17.tar.gz?

I think I can handle that directly, but if you'd like to upload an
update, that will be fine too.

There are still quite a few bugfix and other minor issues that need
to be addressed with other scripts, and I would have liked to have
them handled before the next public commit, but I don't think it's
going to work out that way.  Anyway, yeah, if you want to submit an
update, feel free - if nothing else, that will make sure I don't
forget about it...

-RW