[Slackbuilds-users] Problems with Scribus-1.3.3.12

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 3 14:16:41 UTC 2008

   I've been using Eric's script for Scribus for the past two years (since
-1.3.3.2), and I used it for the latest, -1.3.3.12. However, there's
apparently a bug introduced in this version that prevents the File -> New
from Template menu option from appearing.

   My message to the scribus user's mail list brought a response that the
./configure process does not work with this version but the CMake process
does. I do not have cmake installed and have no idea how to configure and use
it. I certainly don't understand why the ./configure process will not
include a menu item.

   While I don't use Scribus regularly, I do use it on occasion, and this is
one of those occasions. I'd also like to restore that menu option.

   Is there a way to do this with the current version or should I back up one
version and rebuild that one?

TIA,

Rich