[Slackbuilds-users] Fwd: bug on openbox package

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 05:47:34 UTC 2008

Attached is the diff for the slackBuild.  xinitrc.openbox-session (not shown in the diff) is the same as the old xinitrc.openbox file.

I tested the new script and everything seems to work great.  You can easily see the difference between running openbox and openbox-session on a default profile because with the later the autostart file causes the background to change (the other will just leave the root image the same as in the KDM screen).

It also might be a good idea to add better config file support in the doinst.sh file for the files under /etc/xdg/openbox.  That way upgrading openbox won't necessarily overwrite your default menu and autostart.sh file.  They will create .new files instead.  There are plenty of examples of this in other slackBuild scripts.

--phil