[Slackbuilds-users] Fwd: bug on openbox package

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 04:11:58 UTC 2008

I should have time to do it in the next day or two (but not right now), and it shouldn't take me long at all.  You have the right idea of what needs to be done, but you mixed up the files names a little.  Here is basically what needs to be done:

*) make a copy of xinitrc.openbox to xinitrc.openbox-session and change the original by removing the '-session' from the last line (make sure the second xinitrc gets installed into /etc/X11/xinit/ as well).  You don't need to copy the file in the script; just having two xinitrc's in the slackBuild folder will work.
*) mv /usr/share/xsessions/openbox.desktop /usr/share/xsessions/openbox-session.desktop
*) sed the file to change 'Name' to Openbox-Session (to differentiate from the other kdm openbox option)
*) Create symlinks under /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions/ for the openbox*.desktop files (openbox-kde.desktop, openbox-gnome.desktop, openbox-session.desktop) under /usr/share/xsessions/

Yes, as it is currently (without the fixes), the Openbox choice in kdm will execute openbox instead of openbox-session.  As the Openbox docs say, you want to use the openbox-session if you want to make use of the autostart file and session management features.  If I remember correctly one place that information can be found is on http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/Help:Getting_started.  A note should probably be in the slackBuild README about this.

I'll check my email tomorrow evening before updating the script.  If you already have it taken care of just let me know.

--phil