[Slackbuilds-users] fakeroot: missing source tarball

Deak, Ferenc ferenc.deak at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 18:18:25 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Mauro Giachero
<mauro.giachero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Ferenc, slackers.
> I just noticed that the fakeroot source link is broken (the Debian
> guys removed the 1.9.4 tarball when releasing the 1.9.5).
> Unfortunately I don't have gcc on this box, so I'm unable to test
> whether the script as-is still works.

Thanks, for the warning, I've uploaded the build script with the
new version.

By the way fakeroot is a little bit problematic, because the
source of the old versions are always deleted from main site.
If I follow the new release a few week later, plus there is a
one week delay for accepting the new package than there
always will be at least one month per year when the fakeroot
package will be bad.
Is there any solution for storing these kind of "disappearing sources"?

feco