[Slackbuilds-users] openbox slackBuild: minor fix and suggestions for xinit scripts

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Thu Mar 20 17:41:03 EDT 2008

* Phillip Warner <pc_warner at yahoo.com> [2008-03-20 13:23:52]:

> True.  However, Openbox installs extra scripts by default to
> /usr/bin to facilitate running with a KDE or GNOME session while the
> Xfce package does not.  So, if the extra xinit scripts aren't there
> the extra scripts under /usr/bin probably shouldn't be there either.

Ok, if you will send me a diff or a tarball with the revised
SlackBuild and related files, I'll check it out and test it.  I ask
that you have this functionality disabled by default in the SlackBuild
by commenting out the lines that would enable it.  You can add a
comment in the SlackBuild and the REAMDE informing folks that they can
enable the functionality if they choose to do so.  It's not a bad idea
to have this in the SlackBuild, but I just like to keep things as
simple and vanilla as possible.  I think having folks voluntarily
enable this extra funtionality would be a fair compromise.  Sound
good?

Thanks for the bug report and for the suggestions.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Public Key:  0x0C7558C3