[Slackbuilds-users] specifying slackware version in the slackBuilds

pkw listreader at lupulin.net
Mon May 12 07:25:25 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 11, 2008 at 11:10:44PM -0500, Robby Workman wrote:
> Quite frankly, I don't see how this addition would help *us* (that
> is, the admins).  While it's not a huge effort to implement once the
> initial addition is done, the initial change of adding the relevant
> line to *.info files to the entire repository *is* a huge amount of
> work, so here's the verdict:  Unless someone can point out how this
> change will help *us* - we're not going to do it.  Other than that,
> there's not really any objection to the feature, as it's nonintrusive
> otherwise, so if someone else not affiliated with the project thinks
> it's worth the amount of effort required to do it and then send us
> a patch, maybe we'll accept it (but no promises, of course).

I'm potentially prepared to do the work, but I need to clarify one
point.  It is only important to me if the meta-info of the target
slackware version lives *with* the package. [1]

It would need to be in the package name itself or in the .SlackBuild.[0]

--
paul w

[0] Is it a hard requirement that the Slackbuild file is included in the
package?  ( I have a feeling it isn't.)
[1] The installed package, apart from any build process.