[Slackbuilds-users] My slackbuild for QScintilla

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Fri May 30 12:46:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>
wrote:

> Grissiom wrote:
>
>  Hmm, I see that you installed Qt4-QScinlla into the system but never
>> uninstall it. So it may remain some rubbish in the system after building the
>> peckage.
>>

> It doesn't matter in this case (although it might/would for SBo).
> I'm building on a dedicate dev box that gets wiped regularly, so any
> crap that remains has a short life ahead.  Additionally, I'll be
> installing the package on that dev box anyway, so removing the package
> later will accomplish the same thing.

Hmm, yes I know the SBo directory. But I still think the SBo is clean
because we can delete it with no harm. But 'make install' could copy things
to /usr/lib, /usr/bin,etc, it will mixed with other things. We cannot
simplly delete it ;) And as far as I see, not everyone have a dedicate dev
box. Yes, install the package will overwrite things you installed
previously. But I think the word 'SlackBuild' is stand for 'build slack
package' but not for 'mainly build slack package and install xxx at times'.
It could be buggy if a function doesn't live up to its name.

>  And, what about the Qt3 part? Since there is a lot of apps based on Qt3,
>> so it's worth to build the Qt3 part I think.
>>

> Well, since I'm only targeting qt4 (for kde4 dev), I don't need or
> even want qt3 stuff.
>

> -RW

Yes, it's right if you _only_ want qt4 support. So, may be your script is
specialized and not intend for general usage?

--
Cheers,
Grissiom