[Slackbuilds-users] Freeze on New Submissions to Prepare for 12.2

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Tue Nov 25 03:50:49 UTC 2008

> Please begin testing the things you maintain on a -current
> system if at all possible; as with last time, anything that
> won't build for us or for which the source is unavailable
> as listed in the .info file will be removed from the repo
> when it goes live for 12.2.

Here is the status of the SlackBuilds I maintain (as well as some deps I
had to install) as to their status on a fresh install of -current:

My SlackBuilds:
audio/audacity - untested; issue with libsndfile (see below)
desktop/awesome ok
desktop/obconf ok
desktop/openbox ok
development/help2man ok
games/micropolis ok
games/openarena ok
games/openttd ok
graphics/feh ok
libraries/giblib ok
libraries/imlib2 ok
libraries/wxGTK ok
multimedia/gpodder ok (need to update README re: xdg-utils, sqlite, and
intltool since they are now in -current)
network/bip ok
network/feedparser ok
system/emelfm2 ok
system/graveman ok
system/pcmanfm ok (need to update README re: intltool since now in -current)
misc/tmux ok

Others SlackBuilds I had to build/install to satisfy dependencies of the
above:

audio/eyeD3 ok
libraries/confuse ok
libraries/id3lib ok
libraries/lame ok
libraries/locale-gettext ok
libraries/pysqlite2 ok

As for Audacity, this software requires libsndfile, which I do not
maintain.  I tried to build and install libsndfile on -current, but it
failed due to some hardcoded references to automake 1.9.x and -current
ships with 1.10.  I saw one reference in configure and maybe two others in
aclocal.m4.  I tried manually patching them with some sed -i lines in the
libsndfile SlackBuild, but didn't get far and had to stop hacking on it.
Speaking automake sed's, I recently added such a line to the Audacity
SlackBuild to get it to work on 12.1 with automake 1.9.x.  Now that
automake 1.10 is in -current, I think this sed can be removed from the
Audacity SlackBuild but since I can't get libsndfile to compile yet on
-current I can't test Audacity on -current.

If I come across anything else, I'll report it.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Public Key:  0x84F0D7B6